GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology is an international journal published as open access and as print (subscription-based) in which the quality works of the authors can be published on fast track.
Address for correspondence:
Dr Nneka Umera-Okeke
Managing Editor (AFRREV Group of Journals)
Article submission guidelines
AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology is published as print journal (for subscription) as well as online (open access).
• Articles are emailed to: email@example.com.
• Send a complete article in a single MS word file (preferably Times New Roman size-12).
• Email article with declaration to the effect that the article is original and has not previously been
communicated to any other journal for publication.
• Incorporate emails of the author and co-authors, phone number/mobile number of the corresponding
author in the article itself.
• identify the corresponding author.
• Each figure/table must be numbered so as to identify its position in the running text; include appropriate
legend. Table must be in table format (word).
• Electronic submission is prone for virus infection. Hence the authors should keep the back-up copy of the
• Generally, article in final form will be published as embedded PDF file with free online access (open
source): while the hard copy of the issue will be made available for subscribers
• All the articles are peer reviewed before acceptance and the author(s) need to pay N25,000 for authors in Nigeria (other countries, 200 USD) per article as publication fee. The publication fee for the open access journal includes processing fee also; hence the fee paid once will not be refunded.
• The accepted article can be rejected or deferred from publication at any stage if found plagiarized or until any needed rectification fulfilled.
Research articles (List of 'References' should include those work cited in the article).
AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology publishes the original research work in the form of Research articles. The basic research findings and technological advancements in various fields of science can find place. While no stringent regulation is laid on the length of the article, a regular paper must not exceed of 5000 words. Shorter articles are always preferable. The Research article should include Title, Authors (with affiliations), Abstract (not more than 250 words), 5-8 Keywords, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgment and References, in its order.
Guidelines for citation of references:
Research article reference:
Use APA Style. Read the general submission guideline for AFRREV journals.
Under "References" all the citations should be listed in alphabetic order
AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology welcomes for publication the reviews and mini-reviews of the current importance and at the same time they pave way for future. Reviews generally cover those topics of obscured or scattered information which demand logical analysis by putting the pieces together. It should generate newer outlook on socio-scientific problem. It is structured with Title, Authors (with affiliations), Abstract (less than 500 words), 5-10 Keywords, Introduction, Conclusion, Acknowledgment and References, in its order. The citation style is similar to that of Research articles.
Know My Institute
AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology offers opportunity for educational institutes, research organization and technological centers to make known their activities to the scientific community widely through this channel. No stringent guidelines assigned. The presentation will bear the name of the communicator with the institutes address highlighting the product/ service/ function or novelty of the centre.
Science & Technology Education
AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology comes forward to publish innovative methods and approaches in science & technology learning. Authors can publish themes, observations and tests aiming at any educational level (primary, secondary or tertiary education). Relevant topics of much educational importance to wide student population of the developing countries, written by the author(s) of their own style can also find place in AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology. Particularly, problem-based e-learning methods, creation of user- friendly digital learning source, animation models and virtual tools are encouraged. "Mini-projects" for students and "learning science for fun" can be included.
Education for Sustainable Development
AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology strives to contribute its mite for the cause of United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005-14). To this effect, analyses on environmental policy matters and their impact at national and international levels are welcome. There is ample scope in AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology to reflect the technical and educational strategies to achieve the goal of the decade.
AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology strongly believes that the scientific advancement should reach everyone. The lucid style of writing, at the same time with useful information, will be accepted under Popular articles. The cause and effect of biological and environmental events, physical phenomena in daily life and the impact of scientific and political developments in commoner´s life will find acceptance under Popular article. The references are kept at bare minimum; scientific jargons are supported with layman´s language.
Submission of a manuscript implies that the work described has not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or in-house magazine of close circulation which is not recognized as publication). When accepted for publication, the manuscript shall not be published elsewhere in the same form or its content without the consent of AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology. However, there is no restriction on the recirculation of AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology -published articles by the author in any other platform for wide publicity. But the reproduction of the published articles in its full form or its part by the author(s) or by others with commercial interest needs the prior permission from the Managing Editor.
Manuscript submission is subjected to the evaluation by the referees. The reports/ comments of the referees will be transmitted to authors for any improvements of the manuscript. Regarding its publication, the decision of the Editor is final.
Information for Reviewers
The quality of AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology lies in the hand of reviewers. Peer review is a critical factor in establishing high quality scientific research. The editorial Board of AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology seeks relentless and unreserved support from the reviewers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology submits the following hints for the noble task.
The objective of the review
The reviewer of AFRREV STECH: An International Journal of Science and Technology looks for technical rigor and the novelty of the work presented. The key features of a review will include:
• Look for conceptual advancement over previously published work
• Any omission of the previously published findings on the same or similar problem
• Eliminating any redundancy
• Establishing readability and clarity in presentation
• Right approach of interpretation of the result
• Any alternate hypothesis or understanding over the results obtained
• Statistical accuracy and validity of the methods adapted in studying the problem (if necessary the
reviewers can obtain the primary data from the authors through the Editor)
• Look for suspicious data and unethical way of presentation (duplication, manipulation of data, plagiarism
• A specific suggestion to improve the understanding of the theme or work
• Summarizing the strength and weakness of the paper
• Potential importance of the work in the context of present and future
• The efforts of reviewers will be of paramount importance for the journal to curb any unacceptable way of
publication including plagiarism
This is provided so that you as an author knows what to expect from our reviewers.